Video Poker and Video Slots Are Very Different Games
If you play video slots and then switch to video poker, you should notice that there are major differences in how they play. The same is true for video poker players who try online slots. Although both have the word “video” in them, trying to use the same techniques with each type of game just won’t work.
One similarity you will find is that once you download video poker slots, you’ll be able to play them anytime you want. Here are some other ways in which they are similar.
Similarities in Video Poker and Video Slots
Along with the fact that both types of games are available at land-based casinos and online, there are other similarities between video slots and video poker. Both games utilize high-end graphics and play quickly.
The games also use random number generators to determine results. Plus, after you download video poker & slots, you have two types of casino games to play that offer payout rates from 99% to 100%. Video slots and video poker machines both accept small and large wagers and you can play progressive versions of each. The object of each is to hit specific combinations of numbers and icons to reap rewards.
Differences Between the Two
Video poker is based on the game five-card draw and it follows many of the basic rules of the game. Although the cards dealt are done so in a random fashion, players can incorporate various strategies based on the rules of the game and odds to influence the outcome of the draw.
Video slots are based on a range of themes including movies and TV shows, pop icons and sports. The games may have three or five reels and 10, 25 or even 50 paylines. Most machines have multipliers that increase payouts, scatter symbols that can take you to the bonus round and wild symbols that substitute for other icons. The payout tables for these games can be very complex. There are ways to play that will increase payouts when you win, but because all outcomes are random there’s no true strategy involved when playing video slots.
Video Slots Tips
There are techniques that you can use to get the biggest bang for your buck when you play video slots. Here are five tips.
- Always play the maximum on progressives, since this is the only way that you can win the big jackpot.
- Make sure you understand how the symbols and bonus rounds work.
- If there’s an opportunity to go double or nothing, then go for it.
- Play machines with the most paylines and with at least one bonus round.
- Make sure a machine offers a payout rate of 97% or better.
Video Poker Tips
When you play video poker, you want to play smart. Here’s how to do that.
- Know which combinations payout, how much they payout and the chances of your hitting each combo.
- Know the rules for each version of video poker—they do differ.
- Master one version first and then try another game.
- If you are playing a progressive machine bet the maximum. It’s the only way to qualify for the big payout.
- When you draw, you should always draw for the highest hand possible.
Download Video Poker and Slots and Have Fun!
The great thing about online casinos is they have made gaming about as easy as possible. Once you download video poker & slots, you’ll be ready to put your gambling smarts and luck to the test. Always take time to learn the game by reading all of the rules and trying the game out in the free play mode. You’ll have hours of fun playing video slots and video poker.