Online poker tournaments have never looked so beautiful. With all the spectacular graphical effects available at PKR, one cannot but wonder what all their PKR Tournaments look like. You should most definitely give them a try, but before you do that, allow us to introduce to you the most popular types and variations of PKR tournaments available online. And believe us when we say that there is more variety among them than there is among the poker girls, which is saying a lot.
PKR Private Tournaments
Available to PKR players with a Silver Club rating or higher. All you have to do is navigate to the MTT lobby and choose the Private tab in there. You can choose to protect your private PKR tournament with a password, allow only certain players to join, or simply restrict it to players from a specific country. A fantastic experience and an excellent way to spend some quality time with your buddies.
PKR Break thru tournaments
These tournaments are for people who have gotten bored with the slow pace of most of today’s tournaments. The idea is simple: once the bubble is out, all players in the money, except for the first place finisher, will win an equal prize. This way people don’t have any motivation to play conservatively and they tend to go crazy with their game, hoping to make it to the top. The first place finisher gets 25% of the prize pool, and the remaining 75% is equally distributed among the other money finishers.
PKR Tournaments: Double thru
Another interesting format. The idea behind the Double thru tournaments is that half the field gets paid, and the other half doesn’t. There are no first place finishers or runner ups – all you have to do is survive long enough for half the players in the tournament to be eliminated, and the remaining half gets an equal cut of the total prize pool.
PKR Double and triple chance tournaments
The Double and triple tournaments at PKR speak for themselves; you get to rebuy your chips twice for a predetermined amount, as long as you proceed with the rebuy before the rebuy period expires. Should you choose not to take advantage, all of your unused chips will be automatically credited to your stack at the closest break.
PKR Phase tournaments
These are particularly interesting. These tournaments are similar to all other online tournaments, except that you can buy into the game during any phase of the event. You can wait until half the field is out of the tournament and dive in. Or you can wait until the final table is coming to a start and have at it right then and there. The closer to the final table you decide to join, the more you will have to pay to get into the tournament.
PKR Terminator tournaments
Cool name, isn’t it? Well the idea itself is just as cool. In Terminator tournaments, a percentage of the entire prize pool is equally divided among all players, and each portion is placed as a bounty on every participants head. Whenever someone eliminates another player from the tournament, they get their bounty credited to their account straight away, however part of that bounty is added to the Terminator’s own bounty. This means that the more players you eliminate, the bigger the bounty on your head will be, and whoever takes you out will win the bounty. Pure, simple, ruthless.